Thursday, January 13, 2011

Queensland Flood Relief Auction

Beginning Sunday (Monday, Australia time), I will be hosting a benefit auction for Queensland flood relief. I just returned from a visit with my brother, who lives in Brisbane. It breaks my heart to see the damage that this beautiful, friendly city is suffering. It will take them a long time to recover from the massive flooding that has occurred. The photo below was taken by my sister-in-law just down the street from their home. Note the bus stop sign and the street signs.


Winners will be donating directly to the flood relief fund so there is no question of where the money is going. I will cover postage within the States. If you are outside the States, I would be happy to work something out with you. You can click on the QLD Flood Appeal Auctions button for a full list of participating sites. Most are awesome Australian craft-y businesses, so check the location of the host(ess) before bidding.

More information will be coming as the auction approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment